November 9, 2019, with Silvio Carneiro, Sameer Chaturvedi, Krishna Kumar, and Jeremiah Morelock.
- Silvio Carneiro – “Foucault as a Critical Theorist?”
- Sameer Chaturvedi – presentation
- Krishna Kumar – presentation
About the participants:
Prof. Dr. Silvio Carneiro is a scholar in the fields of Critical Theory, Contemporary Political Philosophy, Philosophy of Education, and Philosophy of Psychoanalysis. His PhD thesis is entitled “Power over Life: Marcuse and Biopolitics”. He is a professor at the Federal University of ABC (UFABC), in Brazil. He conducts his research work on Education as a member of the Rede Escola Pública e Universidade (Network for Public Schools and Universities) and of the DiEPEE/UFABC (Research Group on Education Rights, Educational Policies, and Schools). His work as a member of the International Herbert Marcuse Society has, as its focus, Critical Theory, Education, Psychoanalysis, and Politics. He is the coordinator of the Brazilian segment of international project Extimacies: Critical Theory from the Global South, in the context of which he inquires into the dialectics of violence, with a particular emphasis on the dual role of violence as a significant component in both revolutionary emancipation and totalitarian Terror. Some of his papers can be found at https://ufabc.academia.edu/SilvioCarneiro.
Latest posts by Jeremiah Morelock (see all)
- International Herbert Marcuse Society newsletter #23 - February 9, 2020
- Foucault online roundtable (videos) - January 12, 2020
- CFP – Latency of the crisis: globalization, subjectivity, and resistance - November 23, 2019