The following is copied from an email message sent by Emmanuelle Barozet.
COES CONFERENCE 2018 | CONCENTRATIONS | Deadline: July, 11
The Centre for Social Conflict and Cohesion Studies (COES) extends an invitation to participate in an interdisciplinary reflection on the concentration of power, wealth, status and information, among other sources of domination present in society. We are interested in understanding the temporal, political, social and spatial effects on the development of social conflict and cohesion.
It could be by individual proposal, panel proposal or academic poster.
On this occasion, the concentration of power will be analysed from different perspectives, according to the following thematic lines:
- Concentration of wealth and income: evolution, causes and consequences
- Concentration of ownership of media outlets: Why does it matter?
- The Chilean elite: Circulation, ruptures, discontinuities or reproduction?
- Concentrations of political voice
- Urban concentration and segregation
- Domination and hegemony of the masculine models on social bonds
- The domination of diplomas: Concentration of cultural capital
- Psychosocial factors that explain the concentration and motivation to maintain power
COES CONFERENCE It will be held the 14th, 15th and 16th of November 2018 at the Faculty of Social Sciences of the Universidad de Chile in Santiago.
KEYNOTES SPEAKRS CONFIRMED
- Rodney Bens
on, University of New York
- Luc Boltanski,
École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales (EHESS)
- Diane Davis,
- Yves Dezalay,
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS)
- Steffen Mau,
Humboldt University of Berlin
- Leslie McCall,
- Wolfgang Streeck,
Institute Max Planck (1995-2014)
More information: http://www.coes-conference.cl/en/
The Centre for Social Conflict and Cohesion Studies (COES) develops collaborative research on topics related to social conflict and cohesion in Chile, through a multidisciplinary team from the social sciences and humanities. COES centres its academic and dissemination activities on the analysis of the multiple manifestations of social conflict in Chile, its causes as well as its cultural and historical context.
The Centre is sponsored by the Universidad de Chile and the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and the partner institutions are the Universidad Diego Portales and the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez. COES is also financed by the FONDAP program (N°15130009) of CONICYT.